We believe in reimagining what real support for families looks like.
The upEND Movement is about achieving child safety, well-being, and permanency in ways that the current system fails to do. The upEND Movement supports anti-racist policies and practices and joins with organizers working on:
- adequate, safe, and affordable housing;
- a guaranteed minimum income;
- paid sick leave
- affordable and high quality child care;
- quality and accessible public education;
- affordable and accessible health care, mental health care, and substance use treatment;
- a child allowance;
- equitable access to healthy and nutritious food; and
- other meaningful supports for children and their families.
Ultimately, this is not the ending of care—this is the beginning of care for families and communities by ending the current system of foster care and institutional care. Join us.